Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (Spot Treatment)

This is a product I no longer use but can’t seem to throw away. I bought it last May and after using it for about a month I packed it away at the back of the cupboard. Funny thing is, I actually like this drying lotion; it is very effective. It dries up the pimple in a day or two.

I know what you’re thinking, “if it works so well why did you stop using it?”



Because it not only dries out the pimple, it dries out your skin too. This is especially problematic for someone with hyper-pigmentation like myself. The slightest trauma to the skin leaves a long-lasting dark spot.
Additionally, you only apply the solution at nights and it is not the prettiest look nor the nicest smell. It dries to a whitish-pink crust (if you have a few pimples you looks like a polka-dot cloth). It has a slight sulfur [sulphur] smell and you cannot wear foundation over it no matter how sparingly you applied it because it will flake.
Three small drops dried on the skin
So if you do not have problems with hyper-pigmentation and you are looking for a product to treat whiteheads and pimples give it try. But if you worry about dark spots, then I honestly do not think this is the right product for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment