Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Body Shop Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask



For a brief moment I thought this was the one. The mask that would end my search for a product that would get rid of the impurities and leave my pores squeaky clean. But alas, it was not to be.


The mask is grey with a blue tint, grainy, and THICK. So thick that is a rather difficult to apply. Once applied, I felt a slight tingling, and thought, this must be working. Plus, it contains Koalin clay, an ingredient well-known for its cleansing and absorbent properties. So it has to work, right?!

It dried in the recommend 10 to 15 minutes. There was no mistaking whether or not I needed to wash it off because this thing dried as hard as concrete. It was very uncomfortable as I could feel it pulling my skin. The worst part is that I could not get it off! I tried warm water and a wash-cloth but it just would not rinse off. I could see little white spots of leftover mask all over my T-zone wear my pores are a bit enlarged.  I had to wash my face with a cleansing gel to remove the whitish residue left all over my face.

Despite these cons, I was still impressed with the refreshing, tingling sensation I got when I applied the mask (silly me), so I held out hope that it would help to  unclog the pores in my t-zone. I tried the mask 7 more times over a period of 4 weeks, but saw no improvements. Needless to say I had to accept defeat and toss this one aside.
I think this product would serve best as an exfoliator, but based on my experience, I would not recommend it as a deep cleansing mask for individuals with oily skin or enlarged pores


No comments:

Post a Comment